Monday, November 16, 2009

Practical Scrappers - Acrylic Paint Challenge

It's Monday, which means it's time for a new challenge over at Practical Scrappers! Here is my layout for the challenge.

I decided, as this was my first time working with acrylic paint (and after a few attempts!!!) that it was best for me to keep it simple. So I ended up creating a custom background for my layout. I mixed a couple of pastel colors together, dipped my paint brush into the paint and then hit my paint brush against a pencil to create the splatters on my cardstock. I also added some paint dabs to my cardboard mat.

This is one of my favorite pictures of my family taken back in 1995. Can you tell which one is me???

Don't forget to stop by Practical Scrappers and join in on the fun!!!
Best regards and Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

Do What You Love said...

Robin, I am in love with this layout. I saw the post for acrylic paint and because I do not scrap as much, I knew I couldn't make that challenge! I wish I'd seen your layout! It is positively BEAUTIFUL! You really did enough background to make it unique and stand out but you kept your picture as the focus and I love that! You have a GORGEOUS family - it really makes me want to do more family scrap pages; thanks for that inspiration!

Crystal said...

Robin great job on the use of paint, sometimes simple is magnificent as it is here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Best regards and Happy Scrapping!
Thanks for looking

The Temple-Jenkins Family

Introducing Cooper

Listen!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Temple Family Reunion - 2009