Saturday, September 19, 2009

I am on Vacation!


It's been 14 months since I last had a full week off, and I'll tell you it's way past due. I understand now why vacation and time away from the office is important to one's mental and physical health. You're constantly on, always moving, thinking, strategizing family movements (to include weekend activities as well), housework. And that's just SOME of the personal life stuff.

Work is challenging too! It's always busy, the workload heavy, always thinking, always on, details and more details--well, you get the picture!!! Though my husband doesn't quite understand (he said, "but we haven't planned any place to go."), I've decided to spend my week at home with dear hubby off to work and lovely little girl off to school. Peace and quiet with minimal movement. Above all else, I just need to rest. I am tired.

Charles is already off to play golf (anyone surprised???), and Temple and I will first stop at the bank this morning to finally open her savings account (she's not too young to learn the value of money and saving). We are then off to the nail place to have our nails done. And you know what, I have not planned any further than that and I won't plan further than the next activity or 2 for the rest of this week.

I've decided this week that I've Got to be Me through and through. I am embracing that this week, via my thoughts, my yoga that I intend to reclaim, and my meditations.

Peace and God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Best regards and Happy Scrapping!
Thanks for looking

The Temple-Jenkins Family

Introducing Cooper

Listen!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Temple Family Reunion - 2009